Ever come across an article so epic (like this blog post) that you have to tell Facebook, only to find that the awesome thumbnail won’t load?
This happens more often than you think. The website’s design can be partially to blame, however there’s a little trick that can help load thumbnails for embedded Facebook links.
Say, I wanted to share this article and the thumbnail doesn’t load: New Facebook Feature Makes it Easier to Post on Behalf of Multiple Brands (the thumbnail does appear but for the purpose of this demonstration I removed it).
1) Paste the url into the status box.
2) Type some text below the url then select and copy the entire status. It’s really important that the text is below the url and not above.
3) Click on your page name from the top ribbon to reload your timeline. Don’t hit the refresh button.
4) When your timeline reloads, paste the text you just copied into the status box and the photo should load.
5) Delete all of the text then write your Facebook post.
Some articles are a little more stubborn than others so it may take a few tries.